Submitted by Jim Dixon
July 12, 2003
Don Lewis called the July 12th meeting to order about 7:20. There were 13 members and guests present. Guests were Shawn Snow and Mellisa Taylor.
- A work party the previous Saturday which water treated the deck and did yard work was mentioned.
- John Reed talked about the MidSouth Region of the Astronomical League (MSRAL) convention that he and David Reynolds attended.
- The Wooly Hollow State Park Star Party is scheduled for July 26, two weeks from the meeting. They have requested that CAAS assist. Terry Johnson has been in contact with their intrepretor, April Snow.
- John Reed gave us a presentation covering aspects of planetary images. The presentation covered the pros and cons of using web cams, digital video cameras, and digital still cameras as well as the post-imaging processing that is done.
- The scheduled SCT collimation presentation was rescheduled for another meeting.
The sky was mostly clear although the full Moon was up and the attendees retired to the observing area to see what they could see.
Finally, guest Mellisa Taylor became member Mellisa Taylor. Welcome to CAAS, Mellisa!