Submitted by Jim Dixon
December 14, 2002
Because of the season, the December meeting included a potluck dinner and was held at John Reed’s home.
The meeting was called to order by President John Reed. There were seven members present. The major item on the agenda was the election of officers and board members. The new officers and board members are as follows:
- President: Don Lewis
- Vice-President: Lenny Bradberry
- Treasurer: Pat & Sandy Morris
- Secretary: Jim Dixon
- Board Members: John Reed, Carl Freyaldenhoven, Mark Wilson and Danny Flippo
Besides the election of officers and board members, these other topics were discussed:
- Although still developing ideas, John Reed shared some of the ideas he has had for the renovation of the “6 inch” building.
- Light pollution was discussed, apparently the utility company in Cabot is making progress toward using more sky-friendly lighting fixtures.
- Security at the site was discussed. There is some evidence that the combinations to the pad locks have spread to nonmembers. We discussed simply changing the combinations or securing the keys in a key accessed building. No decision was made.
- Out of state star parties were discussed.