For once the weather cooperated with us Saturday evening. The temperature reached 97F that day and I was expecting the visitor center parking lot to be a bit uncomfortable but it wasn’t. We had mostly clear skies and a mild breeze. I counted 8 club scopes in action and perhaps two more as well. We had an estimated crowd of 77 souls and many lingered till close to closing time. In all, our first successful public event of the season.
Other events coming up:
- July 18 – Woolly Hollow State Park
- July 25 – Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- August 22 – Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- September 19 – Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- November 7 – Woolly Hollow State Park