Membership in the Central Arkansas Astronomical Society offers its members:
- Access to the River Ridge Observatory for safe and private observing in a moderately dark sky environment. Our skies have been measured to have a 20.60 – 20.87 stellar magnitude per square arc second. Which translates to 6.2 to 6.4 visual magnitude for the unaided eye and puts the RRO under Bortle Class 4 skies.
- The fellowship of other people who love the night sky.
- The mentorship of experienced observers and the opportunity to mentor someone.
- Built in membership in the Astronomical League and opportunity to participate in their observing programs to enhance your skills.
- Opportunity to use a robotic telescope to do actual research. One of our members has discovered previously unknown variable stars, another has confirmed the existence of an exoplanet, all from the River Ridge Observatory.