- “LightSwitch” Technology
- “Astronomer Inside”
- Coma-free optics
- LS with automatic alignment
- 12 volt power pack adapter and extension cord
- Dew shield
- Series 4000 eyepieces and 2x Barlow
- Complete set of filters
- Laser alignment collimator
- Laser pointer
– This telescope is solidly built and smooth in operation; an ideal instrument for someone that wants to enjoy astronomy without getting a PhD in astrophysics; manually scan the sky or let the built in computer handle the details. It boots up quickly, acquires GPS coordinates, finds level and north and self-aligns in a few minutes and will provide a complete tour of that evening’s visible sky.
The hand-held AutoStar III GoTo keypad has a database of over 100,000 objects; all with in-depth descriptions. Just select an object and push the “GoTo” button. Then watch the telescope automatically put your object in the eyepiece.
8 C size batteries will run the telescope for 3-5 hours. In addition, I purchased the external AC battery pack and 12 volt car adaptor.
This package includes a rigid single fork mount and an adjustable, steel leg tripod.
With high transmission coatings the LS gives you the sharpest, brightest optical system for its size; performance only seen in systems costing much more.