1st Annual Star BQ at the River Ridge Observatory August 11
The Agenda is as follows:
5:00 PM Observatories open, scope set up – questions and answers regarding same, help with collimation and mechanical issues. Solar Observing, special activities.
6:00 PM Star BQ Bring something for Pot luck or $5 per person (to pay for burgers and dogs)
Inside Programs (7:00 – 8:30)
For sky-watchers and developing amateur astronomers – attend any you want to:
1. 7:00 pm Sky watching basics, getting started without a telescope, Learning the constellations and star hopping; – Rocky Togni
2. 7:30 pm Selecting and maintaining binoculars and/or telescope; – John Reed
3. 8:00 pm Enjoy your observing more, through Astronomical League Observing Programs – Bill Sanders
1. 6:00-8:00 Running Slide show of present and past club activities and events. (Being put together by John Reed if you have pictures)
2. 8:00–9:00 Break out help with scopes – Old hands to help with Polar alignment and other issues.
3. 8:30 Welcome, what we will see tonight [if slide show will need images], watch the constellations emerge. Bill Enberg
Observing – Stellar Scavenger Hunt
5:00-6:00 and 7:00-7:30 Solar observing with Carl Freyaldenhoven
9:00 Scopes, binoculars, and light pens to display an assortment of the best objects of the summer milky-way and solar system objects. Participate in the scavenger hunt so you don’t miss anything and also receive a certificate.
11:00 Perseid Meteor Shower